Thai Red Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a large slow cooker, add the first 7 ingredients (olive oil through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cilantro and lime.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time as needed. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and curry paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: 252 Calories; 11g Fat (36.1% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 3mg Cholesterol; 402mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!