Thai Pumpkin Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 medium bell pepper chopped
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can pumpkin puree
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the first 5 ingredients (steak through bell pepper) and cook for 10 minutes, until steak is to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour sauce over steak mixture and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until heated through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 550 Calories; 46g Fat (72.8% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 60mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!