- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 large onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 12-oz. beer
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté the beef for 3 to 5 minutes until browned.
- In a large slow cooker, add beef and next 13 ingredients (cayenne pepper through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until beef is cooked through.
- Serve chili with cilantro and cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Corn muffins VEGETARIAN: Portobello mushrooms NUTRITION: 515 Calories; 26g Fat (46.6% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 146mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!