Szechuan Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 2 pounds flank steak cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound broccoli chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- In a large bowl, add steak, sherry, soy sauce, ginger and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, add broccoli and 1/3 cup water and steam over medium high heat 3 to 4 minutes until it is crisp tender. Drain and remove from pan.
- In the wok, heat olive oil over medium high heat and saute garlic and beef for 5 to 6 minutes until beef is cooked through. Add broccoli, hoisin and broth to pan and cook 2 minutes.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Jasmin rice. VEGETARIAN: Portobello mushrooms GLUTEN FREE: Coconut aminos NUTRITION: 345 Calories; 21g Fat (54.9% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 563mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 2 Fat;
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!