Sweet Lemon Cayenne Chicken Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed; *Partially frozen chicken is easier to cube
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups parsnips shredded
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 large leaves collard greens
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place first 6 ingredients (chicken through garlic).
- Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a large baking dish; bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate; set aside to cool.
- Evenly layer parsnips, sliced avocados and chicken on collard green leaves; wrap and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad – grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste then toss well and serve. NUTRITION: 300 Calories; 10g Fat (28.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!