Sweet Chicken Squash Bake
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts poached and cubed
- 1 large acorn squash cubed (including rind)
- 2 large apples cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients (chicken through syrup). In a coated 9x13 baking dish, pour ingredients. Bake for 40 minutes. Serve hot from oven.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 257 Calories; 2g Fat (6.4% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 81mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!