Sweet and Sour Chicken Thighs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the remaining 12 ingredients (chicken through coconut aminos) and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 224 Calories; 8g Fat (31.9% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 136mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!