Steak and “Rice” Stir-Fry
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 4 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- In a food processor, blend cauliflower until it reaches a rice-like consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add steak cubes, onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or until meat has browned. Add the cauliflower.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 6 ingredients (coconut milk through lime zest); pour over beef mixture then cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or until steak cubes are cooked to desired level of doneness and vegetables are tender-crisp.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 342 Calories; 22g Fat (56.6% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!