Spicy Shrimp Jambalaya
- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1/2 pound small shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound chicken sausages sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 large jalapeno pepper minced
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor; pulse until it reaches a “rice” consistency. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients (garlic through sausage); cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower then stir in remaining ingredients (broth through salt and pepper).
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp and sausage are cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 228 Calories; 10g Fat (38.2% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 130mg Cholesterol; 530mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!