Spicy Pork Salad
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 6 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large blender or food processor, add first 11 ingredients (shallots through pepper) and blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Place pork and 2 tablespoons of the dressing on a large roasting pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add cabbage, cucumber, pepper, cilantro, mint, basil, peanuts and toss with remaining dressing.
- Slice pork thinly and add to salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Russet Potatoes (Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Wash potatoes and poke with about 10 holes. Rub outside of potato with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 1 hour.) VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with Tofu. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 354 Calories; 21g Fat (48.1% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 25mg Cholesterol; 463mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!