Spiced Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 5 cloves diced garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups cooked zucchini "noodles"
- In a medium preheated large pan add oil.
- Brown pork chops on each side for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onions.
- Stir onions and turn pork chops over after 2 minutes on each side.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and spices.
- Simmer until tomatoes are soft and sauce has set up for 8 minutes.
- Serve with zucchini noodles.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Butternut Squash (Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butternut squash into cubes and toss with olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.) NUTRITION: 324 Calories; 19g Fat (51.0% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 72mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!