- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup red wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear pork 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add pork and next 10 ingredients (onion through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until pork is cooked through.
- Serve with parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Crusty Loaf of Bread (Serve with butter) VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with zucchini or eggplant. NUTRITION: 480 Calories; 25g Fat (50.3% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 196mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!