Slow Cooked Buffalo Chicken Wings and Broccoli Soup
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large crock cooker, place first 4 ingredients (chicken wings through celery).
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through oregano); pour over chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip Fries – peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder. NUTRITION: 435 Calories; 29g Fat (58.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 47mg Cholesterol; 1019mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!