Simple Baked Halibut
- 4 halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Place halibut fillets in a plastic ziplock bag. In a bowl, mix together the remaining 7 ingredients (olive oil through lemon juice). Add mixture to bag making sure each piece of fish is covered with the ingredients.
- Place bag in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove fish and place in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Drench each fillet in the marinade.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Serve hot immediately from oven.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Turnip fries (peel turnips and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 375-degree oven, turning once, until tender; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 186 Calories; 9g Fat (45.2% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 33mg Cholesterol; 57mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!