Shrimp with Lemon Couscous
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large lemons juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups couscous cooked according to package directions
- 1 large lime juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, add shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and juice and zest of 1 lemon. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In medium bowl, add couscous, remaining olive oil, remaining lemon juice and zest, lime juice, basil, tomatoes and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat, grill shrimp 2 to 3 minutes per side until cooked through. Toss shrimp with couscous.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant cut into 1-inch cubes instead of shrimp. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 415 Calories; 12g Fat; 36g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 230mg Cholesterol; 231mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain; 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!