Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 medium zucchini cut into noodles
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil. Then add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides for 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine (or chicken broth) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 209 Calories; 9g Fat (40.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 173mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!