Sautéed Shrimp and Avocado Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat; add shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes or until they turn opaque throughout. Transfer to a small bowl and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; add onion and bell pepper and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add lime zest and juice along with salt and pepper to taste; cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Arrange shrimp, onion mixture, and sliced avocado on top of chopped romaine then sprinkle with cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a side of steamed broccoli. NUTRITION: 309 Calories; 13g Fat (38.1% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 259mg Cholesterol; 266mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!