Salmon with Warm Lentils
- 1 1/2 cups green lentils
- 4 slices bacon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 6-oz. salmon steaks
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a medium sauce pan, add lentils and cover with water. Cook over medium heat 20-25 minutes until lentils are cooked through. Drain.
- In a medium skillet, saute bacon over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes until crisp, Remove bacon and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute onions and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes until golden.
- In a large bowl, add lentils, bacon, onions, garlic, vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil, goat cheese, spinach and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- On a large baking sheet place salmon and lemon juice and zest and remaining olive oil. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salmon with warm lentils.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed Baby Greens Salad (Add mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and sliced cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette.) VEGETARIAN: Replace salmon with Tempeh. NUTRITION: 538 Calories; 20g Fat (34.2% calories from fat); 54g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 16g Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!