Roasted Fish with Persimmon Chutney
- 4 large firm fleshed white fish fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 cups diced persimmon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place fish in a large baking dish; season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallot; cook for 3 minutes. Add persimmon; cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients (lemon juice through rosemary). Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until chutney is thick and bubbling. Spoon chutney over fish and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 349 Calories; 9g Fat (22.3% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!