Roasted Eggplant and Red Pepper Tartines
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant cut in half
- 4 large red bell peppers seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 large lemon juiced
- Sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 slices sourdough bread toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil, eggplant and bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
- In a large skillet add remaining olive oil and heat over medium heat. Sauté garlic 5 minutes, add thyme, beans, jalapeno, lemon juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Sauté 5 minutes until beans are warmed through.
- In a food processor or blender add ingredients from skillet along with the flesh of the eggplant and the chopped bell peppers, process 1 minute until smooth.
- Spread mixture on warm bread and top with goat cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sourdough bread is gluten free. NUTRITION: 313 Calories; 9g Fat (25.8% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!