Roast Pork Loin with Citrus Slaw
- 1 3/4-pound pork tenderloin
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small mango peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1/3 small habanero chili seeded and chopped
- 1/8 small red onion chopped
- 1/3 small head napa cabbage grated
- 1 small carrot grated
- 1 small avocado peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add pork, cumin, cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Place pork on a large roasting pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cooked through. In a blender or food processor, add mango, vinegar, mustard, cilantro, lime juice, chili, red onion, remaining olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth. Toss with cabbage, carrots and avocado. Slice pork and serve with slaw.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork loin GLUTEN FREE: Make sure rice wine vinegar and Dijon mustard are gluten free. NUTRITION: 452 Calories; 29g Fat (56.3% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 109mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!