Roast Chicken with Tapenade
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 lemons juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup black olives pitted
- 1/2 cup capers drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, juice of 1 1/2 lemons, 2 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, add remaining lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, olives, capers and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Blend 1 to 2 minutes until smooth.
- Roast chicken 15 minutes, top with tapenade and roast another 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure black olives and capers are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 414 Calories; 19g Fat (42.0% calories from fat); 55g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 454mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!