Pumpkin Turkey Sauté
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups pumpkin chunks
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, brown ground turkey in olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (cinnamon to low sodium chicken broth) and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Spinach Salad spinach, salad veggies and dressing all tossed together. NUTRITION: 346 Calories; 17g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 655mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!