Pumpkin Chicken Curry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small red chili pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients (onion through chicken); cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is brown and vegetables are slightly tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (lime zest through salt and pepper). Reduce heat to low then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). Serve steamed broccoli florets on the side. NUTRITION: 487 Calories; 35g Fat (62.7% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 97mg Cholesterol; 363mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!