Pork Sausage and Kale
- 1 pound hot spiced pork sausage
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, brown sausage, stirring to break up into small pieces. Add kale and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the next 6 ingredients (tomatoes through salt and pepper). Cook 5 minutes.
- In a coated 9x13 inch baking pan, pour the skillet mixture. Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-Fried or Grilled Sliced Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Red Bell Pepper to stir-fry: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper; cook and stir until tender-crisp. To grill: In a large bowl, toss together sliced zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil; transfer to a grill basket or tray; grill till tender-crisp and slightly charred. NUTRITION: 628 Calories; 54g Fat (75.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 103mg Cholesterol; 916mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 9 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!