- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 skewers
- 1/4 cup cilantro for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add pork, turmeric, coriander, cumin, honey, coconut milk, orange juice and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Thread the pork on the skewers and place on a roasting pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until pork is cooked through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of pork shoulder. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 292 Calories; 21g Fat (67.0% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 78mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!