Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large boneless pork chops
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM HIGH heat, add olive oil and pork chops.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side until slightly brown.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and peppers. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together broth, juice, zest, soy sauce and honey. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil and lower heat to SIMMER for 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 369 Calories; 22g Fat (53.0% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 438mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!