Pork and Noodles
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces bacon diced
- 1/2 pound prosciutto diced into small pieces
- 1 cup light cream warmed
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese separated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add noodles and cook to al dente. Drain and toss with melted butter.
- At the same time, in a large sauté pan over medium high, heat oil and bacon and cook until crisp. Add prosciutto and cook until meat is crisp. Drain.
- Place cooked meat, cream, peas, pepper and half the cheese back into the pan and cook just to hot.
- Add buttered noodles and remaining cheese.
- Toss together and serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mixed Baby Greens Salad, add mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and sliced cucumber, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure noodles are gluten free. VEGITARIAN: Omit bacon, replace prosciutto with tofu. NUTRITION: 556 Calories; 28g Fat (45.7% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 136mg Cholesterol; 1512mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!