Pork and Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound pork chops cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups chopped parsnips
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- In a large pot over medium, heat oil. To the pot, add the pork and onion and cook for 5 minutes, to brown pork. To the pot, add the next 3 ingredients (garlic through parsnips).
- Cook for 10 minutes, until pork, is cooked through then add the remaining ingredients (coconut milk to raisins).
- Stir and cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp.) NUTRITION: 322 Calories; 15g Fat (41.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 56mg Cholesterol; 101mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!