Pistachio and Turkey Meatloaf
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large leek chopped (use only white and light green parts)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine remaining ingredients (ground turkey through leek) press mixture into the loaf pan.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil wrap and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until top is browned and center is no longer pink.
- Allow meatloaf to cool for at least 10 minutes then slice and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and steamed broccoli spears. NUTRITION: 552 Calories; 36g Fat (58.0% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 285mg Cholesterol; 254mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!