Pine Nut and Sundried Tomato Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped pine nuts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- Wooden toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add next 6 ingredients (garlic through salt and pepper). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant; set aside.
- Place tenderloin on a large cutting board or plate. Using a sharp knife, butterfly pork down the center length wise (do not cut all the way through). Fill the butterflied tenderloin with the pine nut mixture.
- Close the open edges with toothpicks.
- Place pork in a roasting pan; bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks, slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed medley of baby carrots with cauliflower and broccoli florets. NUTRITION: 267 Calories; 11g Fat (39.3% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!