Peppery Pork Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds pork shoulder cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 large red onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can plum tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear pork 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add pork and remaining 8 ingredients (onion through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until pork is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg, your choice of salad veggies.) VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of pork shoulder. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure white wine (or broth) and plum tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 341 Calories; 25g Fat (69.6% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 77mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!