Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Sausages
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 spicy sausages
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 pound broccoli rabe chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat and sear sausages 5 to 6 minutes per side until golden.
- Add garlic, broccoli and red pepper flakes and sauté 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables are fork tender and sausages are cooked through.
- Stir in ricotta, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Heat 1 minute and stir in warm pasta.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Spinach Salad, salad veggies and dressing all tossed together. VEGETARIAN: Replace pork with zucchini. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure noodles are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 538 Calories; 23g Fat (38.2% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 253mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!