Pear and Arugula Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound firm white fish fresh or frozen, cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced radishes
- 1 large pear cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add fish, salt and pepper; cook for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove fish from skillet and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together next 4 ingredients (arugula through pear) along with the cooled fish.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (vinegar through orange zest); salt and pepper to taste then pour dressing over salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cucumber and Jicama Slaw: Cut cucumber and jicama into matchsticks. Place in a bowl then drizzle with some honey, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper; toss well. NUTRITION: 194 Calories; 7g Fat (30.1% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 83mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!