- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds steak cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the steak and brown on all sides for 5 minutes.
- To a large crock cooker, add the steak, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, and the next 7 ingredients (coconut aminos through ginger).
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, until beef is very tender and cooked through. Sprinkle green onions over beef and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 487 Calories; 38g Fat (70.2% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!