- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Set aside. Add garlic and oil to crock cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste on each side and lay in crock cooker. Pour chicken broth over chicken and cover. Cook on high 3 hours.
- Whisk water with arrowroot until absorbed. Remove chicken from crock pot and keep warm. Stir in arrowroot water mixture into the bottom of the crock cooker and add mushrooms.
- Add back the chicken and stir to coat chicken with sauce and mushrooms. Cover and cook an additional hour. Serve with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 414 Calories; 10g Fat; 63g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 420mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!