Mixed Greens Turkey with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- 1/2 small shallot chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the coconut oil. To the oil, add the turkey and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 10 minutes, until turkey is cooked through.
- Allow turkey to cool. In a large bowl, toss the turkey with the lettuce, onion and sunflower seeds.
- In a blender, blend the remaining 5 ingredients (pomegranate seeds through shallot) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper until smooth. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 405 Calories; 31g Fat (67.3% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!