- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 10-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium zucchini cubed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- To the pan add the next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through red pepper flakes). Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
- To the beef mixture, add the zucchini. Cover and cook for 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
- Serve immediately while hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure diced tomatoes are gluten-free. NUTRITION: 484 Calories; 36g Fat (67.3% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 128mg Cholesterol; 615mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!