Mexican Squash Lasagna
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 large bell pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium jalapeños chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 16-oz. jar salsa
- 1 large spaghetti squash baked and shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over MEDIUM heat, brown ground beef. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the next 8 ingredients (bell pepper through salsa) and set aside.
- In a coated 9x13 baking pan, layer ground beef, mixture from bowl and shredded squash. Alternate until it is all used.
- Top with cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot from oven.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed green salad (lettuce - not iceberg, salad veggies, and low carb salad dressing). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 439 Calories; 27g Fat (55.5% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 488mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!