Mediterranean Eggplant Salad
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium eggplants cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion cut into 2 inch cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous cooked according to package directions
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, eggplant, zucchini, red onion, sea salt and freshly ground pepper, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper and stir to combine.
- Place on a large roasting pan, and roast vegetables 25 to 30 minutes until golden.
- In a large bowl, add vegetables, couscous, lemon, garlic, tomatoes, olives, parsley, mint, remaining olive oil and feta.
- Stir to combine.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed New Red Potatoes (Steam small new red potatoes and toss them with a little butter and chopped parsley.) NUTRITION: 437 Calories; 21g Fat (41.3% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 616mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!