Meatball and Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large stalk celery chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (turkey through thyme). Form meat mixture into meatballs.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown. To the meatballs, add the remaining ingredients (chicken broth to green onion) and stir. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Chopped Baby Bok Choy/Steamed Baby Carrots and Snow Peas, Finely chop baby bok choy. Steam baby carrots till tender; add snow peas and continue to steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until snow peas are tender-crisp. NUTRITION: 287 Calories; 12g Fat (38.0% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 651mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!