Loaded Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes washed then poked with a fork
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped; *Partially frozen chicken is easier to chop.
- 1 large leek chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each sweet potato with aluminum foil and place in the oven; bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from the oven; allow them to cool then cut each in half lengthwise.
- Spoon out all of the sweet potato “flesh” from the skins into a bowl then place the skins on a plate; set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients (chopped chicken through salt and pepper). Cook and stir for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- To the sweet potato mixture, carefully blend in the chicken mixture; spoon mixture into the potato skin halves; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sugar Snap Peas with Oregano: Remove strings from sugar snap peas then place them in a skillet; cover with water and boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until water has evaporated. Add melted ghee then cook and stir until snap peas are tender-crisp about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with fresh chopped (or dried) oregano. NUTRITION: 263 Calories; 6g Fat (21.1% calories from fat); 15g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 86mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!