Lime Chicken and Cauliflower Bowl
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets and pulsed in a food processor until rice consistency is reached
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cubed; *Partially frozen chicken is easier to cube
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 large avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add next 5 ingredients (cauliflower through lime zest); cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until “rice” is tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add chicken cubes; cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion, garlic, and kale; cook and stir for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Salt and pepper to taste then stir in “rice” and sliced avocado. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad – Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice, and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste then toss well. NUTRITION: 278 Calories; 13g Fat (41.4% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 104mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!