Lemon Baked Cod
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh cod fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coat a large 9x13 baking pan with olive oil. Place the cod fillets in the bottom and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Top each fillet with the next 5 ingredients (butter through lemon slices)
- Pour the broth and lemon juice around the edges of the pan, being careful to not wash the spices off the cod.
- Cover with tin foil and place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot with juice from the pan ladled on top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp. NUTRITION: 279 Calories; 11g Fat (35.1% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 115mg Cholesterol; 216mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!