Kale and Carrot Chicken Stew
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, add all the ingredients (chicken broth through chicken) and stir well. Cover soup and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until soup comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 257 Calories; 3g Fat (9.4% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 660mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!