- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 green onions sliced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausages
- 2 cups white long grain rice
- 1 16-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 16-oz. can chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Chop the onions, celery, green bell pepper and garlic.
- Mix half of the Creole seasoning with the diced chicken and brown over medium high heat.
- Add the Andouille sausage and cook for another 3 minutes until the sausage begins to brown.
- Add the onion, celery, green bell pepper and garlic and cook for 3minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for another minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Creole seasoning, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Now add the chicken broth and bay leaves.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cover, and continue to simmer another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warm Buttered Corn Muffins. VEGITARIAN: Replace beef with Portobello mushrooms, replace chicken with eggplant and replace shrimp with zucchini. NUTRITION: 607 Calories; 8g Fat (12.8% calories from fat); 66g Protein; 61g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 240mg Cholesterol; 1092mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!