Individual Chicken Pot Pie
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 pounds chicken breast chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown the chicken until golden, for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining two tablespoons of oil in the pan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and deglaze with the white wine.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour into the milk to make a slurry. Pour over the mushrooms and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the butter and the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven on 390 degrees.
- Divide the filling between six ramekins or small baking dishes. Cut 8 circles slightly bigger than the dishes and top each pie with two pastry circles. Lightly brush with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Tossed Salad, Lettuce (not iceberg), salad veggies (of your choice) and salad dressing. VEGITARIAN: Replace chicken with eggplant NUTRITION: 542 Calories; 26g Fat (44.7% calories from fat); 45g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 155mg Cholesterol; 291mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!