- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 stalk celery shredded
- 1 small onion shredded
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 4-oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (ground beef through pepper).
- Mix until well blended. Form into a loaf. Place the loaf in an olive oil coated loaf pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven covered with tin foil for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky Stir-Fried Baby Spinach Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-oz) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. NUTRITION: 484 Calories; 32g Fat (59.9% calories from fat); 37g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 580mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!