Ham and Spinach Stir-Fry with Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups cubed ham steak
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups spinach
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets then steamed and drained
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham and shallot; cook for 5 minutes or until ham is brown.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients (mushrooms through lemon zest); cook for 10 minutes or until ham is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, place cauliflower, coconut milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; blend until smooth and serve with stir-fry.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Grated Beet Salad: Grate washed and peeled beets into a bowl; drizzle with a little rice vinegar, lime juice and extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste then toss well and serve. NUTRITION: 213 Calories; 10g Fat (42.6% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 53mg Cholesterol; 1536mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!