Grilled Steak with Greek Salsa
- 2 pounds skirt steak
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- DO-AHEAD-TIP: Marinate steak.
- In a large bowl, add steak, sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, oregano, 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir to combine and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steak 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, capers, feta, red wine vinegar, basil and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Slice steak and serve with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Zucchini Pasta (Julienne or cut large zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat until slightly limp. VEGETARIAN: Replace steak with sliced eggplant. NUTRITION: 501 Calories; 36g Fat (64.8% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 894mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!